PERMITS & LICENSES
SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
APPLY FOR A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
All organized groups planning any visits to, or activities on, LA County-operated beaches or in Marina del Rey must first apply for and obtain a Special Event Use Permit.
- Weddings, Parties, or Memorials
- Any organized activity involving vendors (catering, entertainment, etc.)
- Any organized activity involving set-up of tables or chairs
- Field Trips with non-school organizations or colleges
APPLICATION TIME FRAME
The permit must be applied for no earlier than 90 days, and no later than 3 weeks, before the desired event date(s). However, submitting a permit application does not guarantee your date(s) or location.
COVID-19 Safety Requirements:
Due to COVID-19, Beach Special Event Permit applicants must adhere to all the protocols listed below:
1. All beach clean-up organizers and participants must abide by the Protocol for Private Events, Appendix BB
. – Applicant must complete, sign, and submit this protocol document
. – Applicant must distribute the completed protocol document to all involved participants
2. Maximum of fifty (50) participants allowed
3. Event organizer must create and enforce a guest list
4. Face masks required to be worn
5. Maximum 5 hours for event
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED
Welcome to our NEW ONLINE SYSTEM!
Please review the following documents before starting the online application:
For further information, please call the Permit Section at (424) 526-7880.