BEACH WHEELCHAIR USE - FREE
BEACH WHEELCHAIR SERVICE
During the limited opening of LA County Beaches due to COVID-19, our department is offering a Beach Wheelchair Service at the Dockweiler Youth Center, for disabled patrons in need of beach wheelchair usage.
The service guidelines are as follows:
- Wheelchairs Available: 6
- Hours: 9 am – 5 pm, daily
- RSVP: At least 24-hr. advance reservation required*, by calling (310) 726-4128.
- Time Limit: Maximum reservation is for 2-hours use.
- Wheelchair Use Cost: FREE
- Parking: Metered Spaces: $0.25 per 10 minutes (90 minute maximum) // All Day Summer Rates: Mon-Fri $8, Sat-Sun $13
- REQUIREMENTS: Must have I.D. & sign liability waiver
- Wheelchair ramp over sand is available.
- Upon arrival, please call (310) 726-4128 and assistance will be provided.
* RSVPs taken no earlier than 1 week in advance, and no later than 24 hours before, reservation date.
Beach wheelchairs are available for use by the public free of charge at select beaches on a first-come, first-served basis during daylight hours.
A reservation system is not available for the beach wheelchairs and availability varies by location.
The Information Sheet lists all locations where beach wheelchairs are available, as well as the address, contact information, and special instructions or comments for each location.
LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
Please be prepared to fill out a Beach Wheelchair Liability Release Form and leave a valid driver license or I.D. to hold as collateral until the chair is returned. You may leave your personal wheelchair in the storage locker or facility while using a beach wheelchair.
If you have any questions or need more information, please call (424) 526-7842.