Beach wheelchairs are available for use by the public free of charge at select beaches on a first-come, first-served basis during daylight hours.
A reservation system is not available for the beach wheelchairs (except at the Dockweiler Youth Center – see below) and availability varies by location.
View Map of Beach Wheelchair and Access Mat Locations
Download Beach Wheelchair Information Sheet
The Information Sheet lists all locations where beach wheelchairs are available, as well as the address, contact information, and special instructions or comments for each location.
LIABILITY RELEASE FORM
Please be prepared to fill out a Beach Wheelchair Liability Release Form and leave a valid driver license or I.D. to hold as collateral until the chair is returned. You may leave your personal wheelchair in the storage locker or facility while using a beach wheelchair.
Download Beach Wheelchair Liability Release Form
If you have any questions or need more information, please call (424) 526-7842.
BEACH WHEELCHAIR SERVICE
Our department offers a Beach Wheelchair Service at the Dockweiler Youth Center, for disabled patrons in need of beach wheelchair usage.
The service guidelines are as follows:
- Wheelchairs Available: 6
- Days Available: Monday-Sunday, seven days a week
- Hours Available: 9 am – 3 pm (last wheelchair pick-up time is at 3 pm, and must be returned by 5 pm)
- RSVP: At least 24-hr. advance reservation required*, by calling (424) 526-7900.
- Time Limit: Maximum reservation is for 2-hours use.
- Wheelchair Use Cost: FREE
- Parking: Metered Spaces: $0.25 per 10 minutes (90 minute maximum) // All Day Summer Rates: Mon-Fri $8, Sat-Sun $13
- REQUIREMENTS: Must have I.D. & sign liability waiver
- Wheelchair ramp over sand is available.
- Upon arrival, please call (424) 526-7900 and assistance will be provided.
* RSVPs taken no earlier than 1 week in advance, and no later than 24 hours before, reservation date.