Because ocean pollution begins at home.
Living in Los Angeles County, we share a special connection to the ocean. When it comes to the beach, we’re practically neighbors! We get to enjoy public beaches where we can swim, play and have fun. It also means that no matter how far away we live from the coast, our pollution ends up on our beaches and in the ocean. Here’s what everyone can do to help keep our beaches and ocean clean:
- Watch the video below “Clean and Blue” to learn about what causes ocean pollution and how you can help stop it. Make sure to also check out the Ocean Heroes Activity Guide for fun things to do on your own or with friends.
- Take action! The beaches belong to everybody, so it is everyone’s responsibility to protect them from pollution. Share what you’ve learned by drawing a picture with a message about how to keep our beaches and ocean pollution free. Be creative!
- Always do your part to keep our oceans and beaches clean! Properly dispose of your trash and other items that cause ocean pollution.
Enter our CAN THE TRASH! Clean Beach Poster Contest for a chance to have your message shared with millions of beachgoers!
To enter the poster contest, draw a picture with a message about how we can keep our oceans and beaches pollution-free and healthy. Be creative!
ENTRY RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Artwork must be hand-drawn on an 8.5″ x 11″ white sheet of paper, in landscape orientation.
- Create artwork in color.
- Must not contain copyrighted text or characters.
- Artwork must be original and created 100% by the student contestant.
- More than one entry is permitted. A separate entry form is required for each entry.
- One winner from each grade will be selected by each of the five County Supervisorial Districts. A total of 15 winners will be selected. Winners will be contacted directly and announced on the contest webpage.
Contest winners will have their artwork displayed around trash barrels on the beach. Simply submit your artwork online, in person, or by mail. The contest is open to students in grades 3 – 5 who reside in the County of Los Angeles. Online submissions must be entered by an adult.
2023 Summer Contest: This contest cycle is now closed. We are currently reviewing all submissions. Winners will be contacted directly.
2024 Summer Contest: We are now submitting submissions for summer 2024.
HOW TO ENTER
> To enter online click ENTER NOW.
> To enter by mail or in person DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM.
> Please email your questions to email@example.com.
To view the winning artwork from the 2022 contest cycle, CLICK HERE.
Learn About Beach Pollution
Help prevent animal entanglement, habitat destruction, and bioaccumulation.
More Learning Fun for Kids
Learn more about the environment
Know the Flow Song video
3rd Rock Hip Hop
“All the Way to the Ocean” Video
For Parents & Teachers
Know the Flow Presentation.