Draft 2016 Marina del Rey Design Guidelines - Comment by September 6, 2016
- The Department of Beaches and Harbors invites the public to review and comment on the 2016 Draft Marina del Rey Design Guidelines. Please submit written comments by September 6, 2016. Comments can be submitted to the Planning Division by email (MTashjian@bh.lacounty.gov) or by mail (13837 Fiji Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292). Public testimony will also be taken at the Design Control Board meeting scheduled for September.
County Parks and Recreation Needs Assessment: Key Findings Presentation – May 16 and May 26
- Learn about the Park Needs Assessment’s key findings from over 145 Community workshops held between December 2015 and February 20 and the next steps to address park needs in Los Angeles County at the following meetings:
Hacienda Heights Community Center
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
May 16th, 2016
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Houghton Park Center
6301 N. Myrtle Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90805
May 26th, 2016
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
2016 Marina del Rey Boater Survey
- Attention Marina del Rey Boaters! Please help us improve boating services & environmental education in Marina del Rey harbor by completing our boating survey. Your input is greatly appreciated!
"Alert LA County" Emergency Notification System
- "Alert LA County" is a new emergency mass notification system that will be used to contact County residents and businesses via recorded phone messages, text messages or e-mail messages regarding emergencies or critical situations and information on necessary actions, such as evacuations. Alert LA County Registration | Alert LA County - FAQ |
Building a Better Oxford Basin May 27, 2015 - LA County has re-envisioned the 56 year old basin to be a regional destination for public recreation & observing nature, while reducing flood risk, improving water quality, and establishing high-quality habitat. This $13 million project will increase flood protection and provide cleaner water, park like amenities, and a vibrant native plant habitat. The target for completion of this project is Spring 2016. DPW NewsWorks Article on Oxford Basin | Oxford Basin Project Details
Anchorage 47 Slip Transition and Implementation Plan
- The Department of Beaches and Harbors is preparing for the long-awaited reconstruction project for our docks near Burton Chace Park, tentatively slated to begin August 2015. Please click the link above to view our Slip Transition and Implementation Plan for our boaters.
BOATERS - Help Keep Marina del Rey and Santa Monica Bay CLEAN!
- The Department of Beaches and Harbors has partnered with the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Foundation to create a proposed “Clean Harbors” outreach effort designed to raise public and boater awareness about their connection to water quality issues affecting Marina del Rey, as well as to mitigate water quality degradation by influencing the behavior of marina users through workshops and targeted publications. Clean Harbors Poster | Scope of Work & Deliverables | Clean Boating Tips