Enter the full or partial name of a Beaches and Harbors document
Beaches and Harbors Announcements
News and Press Releases
Notice of Coastal Development Permit Extension Request for Parcel 9 (NE corner of Via Marina & Tahiti Way)
- The Department has applied for a one year extension of the Coastal Development Permit for site preparation work, construction, and ongoing maintenance of a public upland, wetland park, and an adjacent 28'-wide waterfront public pedestrian promenade at Parcel 9, located at the NE corner of Via Marina and Tahiti Way. Click on the above link for the official notice and details on declaring objections or posing questions concerning this extension application.
Anchorage 47 Slip Transition and Implementation Plan
- The Department of Beaches and Harbors is preparing for the long-awaited reconstruction project for our docks near Burton Chace Park, tentatively slated to begin August 2015. Please click the link above to view our Slip Transition and Implementation Plan for our boaters.
New Hourly Rates at Parking Lots in Marina del Rey
- A reduced rate of $0.25 cents per :15 minutes is now being offered at 10 parking lots in Marina del Rey. Please click on this news item for futher details. Parking Info - Marina del Rey
BOATERS - Help Keep Marina del Rey and Santa Monica Bay CLEAN!
- The Department of Beaches and Harbors has partnered with the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Foundation to create a proposed “Clean Harbors” outreach effort designed to raise public and boater awareness about their connection to water quality issues affecting Marina del Rey, as well as to mitigate water quality degradation by influencing the behavior of marina users through workshops and targeted publications. Clean Harbors Poster | Scope of Work & Deliverables | Clean Boating Tips
Notice of Community Open House & City CDP Hearing of the Venice Dual-Force Main Project - Jan. 8 and 21, 2015
- The City of Los Angeles will be holding two meetings in January 2015 regarding the Venice Dual Force Main project:
COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE MEETING, Thursday, January 8, 2015, 6-8 p.m. at the Venice-Abbot Kinney Library - 501 S. Venice Boulevard Venice 90291 and CITY CDP HEARING, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Westchester Senior Center - 8740 Lincoln Boulevard, Los Angeles 90045. Below are links to a flyer on the CDP hearing, the project fact sheet, and the project website. Venice Open House Flyer - January 8, 2015 | Notice of Public Hearing - January 21, 2015 | Project Fact Sheet
Marina del Rey 18-inch Waterline Replacement Phase IIIB Dec 18, 2014 - Construction of the Marina del Rey 18-Inch Waterline Replacement Phase IIIB project began on December 15, 2014 and is anticipated to end in August 2015. This project will include both vehicular and bicycle detours throughout the duration of construction. Construction hours will be from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Temporary Bicycle Lane Detour Plan | Project Description